Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ouch

As I read these first two chapters I realised (again) that I am more involved in working on the trellis than on the vine (p8). I appreciate the vine work being done here in St Stephen's, and I do want to be more involved.

Vine work can be scary because it involves working with people who may not appreciate what you are doing. Yet it is the work of each person who says they are a disciple of Jesus Christ. Therefore, there is a job for everyone in the church, without the need for extra committees and teams.

We have a lot of relearning to do. Or, as is explained in Chapter 2, to experience a ministry mind-shift.  ".. most churches need to make a conscious shift - away from erecting and maintaining structures, and towards growing people who are disciple-making disciples of Christ." (p17)

May God help me, and us, in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments on the discussion.